Metronome settings can be accessed in two ways:
- To change the speed of the metronome (bpm), tap the metronome button display at the far left of the control panel on the Tap Screen. A larger popup menu with a slider and stepper control allows you to change the speed from 15 to 300 bpm. You also have the option to assign the same speed to all patterns in the current set. Press done to save the changes. On the Custom screen, metronome slider and stepper controls are available in the editing area.
- To change the metronome sounds, use the Sound Options menu inside the Settings menu.
The tap options include tap precision (how forgiving Rhythm Lab is when judging the accuracy of a tap), the number of lead-in count measures (from 0 to 3), whether to test the length of a note when tapping, and whether to play warning sounds when a tap error is made.
Many settings in Rhythm Lab can be changed, including:
- Tap Settings – test note lengths, play error sounds, display hits/misses, timing strictness/loosenes, number of count-in measures.
- Sound Settings – pad sounds, pad notes/pitches, drumkit type, metronome sounds.
- Theme Settings – eight different color schemes to choose from.
- MIDI Settings – MIDI note/number for split between Left and Right pads, MIDI note/number for drumkit sounds, Bluetooth MIDI discovery, MIDI Send on/off.
- Metronome Settings – tempo beats-per-minute (bpm) from 15-300, set bpm for all patterns in a set.
- Loop pattern on/off